I love to make everything from scratch, especially my hamburgers! This way, you know every ingredient that is going into your food, and it is much healthier as well.
What you need:
1/2 lb ground beef
1/2 lb ground pork
2 tbsp barbecue sauce
Salt & pepper
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsbp bread crumbs
1 tbsp basil
1 tbsp thyme
1. Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl.
2. Once mixed, form tennis size balls of meat, then lightly flatten.
3. Heat frying pan, sear both sides of patties on medium heat (3 minutes each side).
4. Place patties on baking sheet and cook in oven at 375 degrees for 10 minutes.
5. Toast buns if desired and SERVE.
***These hamburgers go well with a side of homemade french fries:
1. Cut 4 large potatoes into 1/2 inch wide strips, while trying to maintain round shape of potato (leave skin on).
2. Heat pot of oil on stove and place potatoes in oil when ready (as stated in previous recipe, test oil by placing tip of fry in oil, if it sizzles a bit, its ready!)
3. When fries rise to top of pot and turn golden brown, remove and place in large bowl.
4. Sprinkle with salt and toss. SERVE.