Monday, November 19, 2012
Baked Apples in a Bag
Want a healthy, quick snack that will satisfy your cravings?? TASTES LIKE APPLE PIE FILLING AND
LESS THAN 100 CALORIES!
I had originally saw this recipe posted on Pinterest, but I played around with it a bit until it was to my liking!
All you need is:
1 small-medium sized apple (the original called for Granny Smith, but I used Empire)
1/4 tsp Cinnamon
1 spoonful of sugar (or sweetner if preferred)
1 tsp of water
1 Medium Sized Ziploc freezer bag (durable to withstand heat in microwave) or use a microwave-safe contained with lid.
Raisins, nuts, etc optional
1. The original recipe called for peeled OR unpeeled apple slices, however, the first time I attempted the recipe, I wasn't too fond of the cooked 'skin' taste.
2. Place apple slices & all ingredients in Ziploc bag, close and shake until all pieces are covered.
3. Open a small corner of the bag to act as a vent for steam.
4. Microwave for 2 minutes--let sit before removing from microwave as the bag will be VERY hot!
5. Open up, take a fork and dig in!!