Monday, February 18, 2013

Homemade *Banana Peanut Butter* Ice Cream

I originally saw the idea for this ice cream on Pinterest, but like with any recipe, I always tweak it to my liking. You honestly CANNOT go wrong by trying this idea! Not only is it super tasty (for both adults and kids alike), but it is HEALTHY, GLUTEN-FREE & DAIRY-FREE!! Yes, that must sound a bit funny considering dairy is generally the main ingredient in ice cream, but I assure you that the taste and consistency is the same!

Ingredients:

4 Ripe Bananas
2 tbsps Peanut Butter

Directions:

1. Chop bananas into pieces (size shown in photo)

2. Place flat on baking sheet and place in freezer for 2 hours

3. Remove from freezer and place all pieces in blender -- the bananas may stick a bit to the baking sheet, but just use a plastic spatula or knife to lift off!

4. You MUST have a powerful blender for this recipe to work properly! Begin blending frozen bananas. BE PATIENT--I cannot stress this part enough because it will take awhile to obtain a 'creamy' consistency. The first time I made the recipe, my bananas were almost going 'powdery' and I thought for sure something was wrong but I kept going!

5. Every few minutes, take a spoon and push down the bananas to start forming a base.

6. After the creaminess sets in, add the 2 tbsps of peanut butter.

7. Blend for 1-2 minutes--you will know when it is 'just right.'

8. You can serve right away, but after placing in a bowl, I popped mine back in the freezer for a bit.

I HOPE YOUR FAMILY ENJOYS THIS LITTLE TREAT AS MUCH AS MINE--YOU CAN TELL HOW MUCH MY LITTLE ONES DO BY THE PHOTO POSTED! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment