I only had bananas at home, so that is what I tried this time, and I am glad I did because the flavour was AMAZING!
4 ripe bananas
1 tbsp of honey (optional)
I am absolutely in LOVE with Kale chips! Not only are they super tasty, but they are HEALTHY too!
Try them today:
1 head kale, washed and thoroughly dried
2 tablespoons olive oil
Salt and garlic powder for sprinkling
Preheat the oven to 275 degrees F.Remove the ribs from the kale and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces. Lay on a baking sheet and toss with the olive oil, garlic and salt. Bake until crisp, turning the leaves halfway through, about 20 minutes.
I originally saw the idea for this ice cream on Pinterest, but like with any recipe, I always tweak it to my liking. You honestly CANNOT go wrong by trying this idea! Not only is it super tasty (for both adults and kids alike), but it is HEALTHY, GLUTEN-FREE & DAIRY-FREE!! Yes, that must sound a bit funny considering dairy is generally the main ingredient in ice cream, but I assure you that the taste and consistency is the same!
4 Ripe Bananas
2 tbsps Peanut Butter
1. Chop bananas into pieces (size shown in photo)
2. Place flat on baking sheet and place in freezer for 2 hours
3. Remove from freezer and place all pieces in blender -- the bananas may stick a bit to the baking sheet, but just use a plastic spatula or knife to lift off!
4. You MUST have a powerful blender for this recipe to work properly! Begin blending frozen bananas. BE PATIENT--I cannot stress this part enough because it will take awhile to obtain a 'creamy' consistency. The first time I made the recipe, my bananas were almost going 'powdery' and I thought for sure something was wrong but I kept going!
5. Every few minutes, take a spoon and push down the bananas to start forming a base.
6. After the creaminess sets in, add the 2 tbsps of peanut butter.
7. Blend for 1-2 minutes--you will know when it is 'just right.'
8. You can serve right away, but after placing in a bowl, I popped mine back in the freezer for a bit.
I HOPE YOUR FAMILY ENJOYS THIS LITTLE TREAT AS MUCH AS MINE--YOU CAN TELL HOW MUCH MY LITTLE ONES DO BY THE PHOTO POSTED! ;)
I have recently began whipping up this little concoction after hearing how 'Green Smoothies' are all the rage these days! I had no expectation, because the thought of 'spinach' going into my drink really didn't seem all that appetizing!
Now, I can tell you I am ADDICTED! Not only IS the entire smoothie delicious, but it is jam-packed with healthy ingredients and you are sure to see the pounds dropping if you stick to it!
Here is the recipe:
2 handfuls of baby spinach
1/2 peeled orange
1 apple (optional)
1 cup of yogurt (any flavour)
Blend and Enjoy! :)
I thought I would share my delicious recipe for my homemade crockpot applesauce!
8-10 medium size apples (I use a mixture of Golden Delicious & Empire, but the choice is up to you)
1 cinnamon stick
2 pieces of lemon zest
4 tbsp of brown sugar
Peel and cut apples and place in crock pot with all other ingredients. Cook on low heat for 6 hours. One hour before completion, open lid and stir apples--they should be soft by now. Once done, let cool and serve. Very easy and yummy! :)
Here are a few quick snack recipes that your kids are sure to love!
1. Rice Krispie Sushi--spread a banana with peanut butter, slice into bite size pieces, roll in rice krispie cereal
2. Banana Popsicles--cut bananas in half, stick popsicle stick in one end, roll in greek yogurt then crushed almonds & cinnamon. Freeze then serve.